Nose correction surgery, or rhinoplasty, may be done for cosmetic or functional reasons. Like any surgery, it has benefits and risks.
Doctors perform nose correction surgery at our Coral Gables clinic to help improve lives.
Here are some of the important things to consider about rhinoplasty.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
The medical term rhinoplasty refers to nose reconstruction surgery, and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reports there were over 350,000 cosmetic rhinoplasties in 2020 alone.
Because of its popularity as plastic surgery, many people know rhinoplasty only as surgery performed for cosmetic purposes. However, many rhinoplasties are performed for the sake of breathing assistance.
Should I Get a Nose Job?
People with both cosmetic and medical motivations have perfectly valid reasons to request a rhinoplasty. Millions of patients before them have found nose correction surgery to be transformational.
Though nose correction surgery is certainly not a procedure to undertake without careful consideration, there are many benefits to it.
Should I Get a Reconstructive Nose Job?
For reconstructive rhinoplasties, the arguments in favor of the procedure can be obvious.
It is possible to treat an aging or chronically stuffy nose by targeting the cause of the problem, which is often the shape of the nose. Breathing problems are extremely difficult to live with, and when a nose job is the only evident solution, the rewards outweigh the risks.
There are several possible benefits of a reconstructive nose job at our Coral Gables clinic, including:
- Fix snoring issues. Snoring is often a result of the shape of the nose, and it can cause difficulties that extend as far as marital problems.
- Correct congenital disabilities.
- Remedy long-term breathing difficulties.
- Obtain an adjustment for a broken nose.
These medical benefits positively impact the quality of patients’ lives.
Should I Get a Cosmetic Nose Job?
When it comes to cosmetic rhinoplasties, you may consider whether it is worth pursuing surgery for the sake of personal appearance.
Boost Your Confidence With Rhinoplasty
The truth is that our looks correlate with our confidence, and confidence is more important than many people acknowledge. For example, studies have shown that dressing well can improve performance. So, how much greater might the difference be when the change in appearance comes from something more permanent than clothes?
Never underestimate the importance of personal desires to modify your appearance.
Potential benefits of a cosmetic nose job at our clinic:
- Increasing facial symmetry can add to the face’s aesthetic appeal.
- Correcting congenital disabilities can have a transformational effect on a person.
- Bullying is often associated with differences in appearance. Though everyone is beautiful in their own way, sometimes a nose job can bring out an individual’s other strong features and enhance their natural charm.
- Increased confidence can help people succeed in life and reach new heights.
Clearly, cosmetic nose correction surgery can dramatically improve an individual’s quality of life. It’s well worth it for the many who weigh the risks and rewards.
What Does the Rhinoplasty Process Look Like?
Regardless of your motivation for wanting a nose job, the best first step is to speak with a doctor. A medical professional can provide answers personalized to the individual.
Our nose correction surgery team in Coral Gables, Florida, takes each patient’s holistic health and well-being into consideration when advising them about this surgery. There are both physiological and psychological variables that we must examine for each patient.
Nothing about the reconstruction process should be a surprise, so here is an overview of what the rhinoplasty process will look like:
- First, you will meet with a doctor to see if this procedure will fit you well. The doctor will consider your facial structure and medical needs while weighing your individual pros and cons. If you live near Coral Gables, Florida, those of us at the Gentera Center will be happy to help you.
- If nose correction surgery is right for you, we will take pictures without makeup in order to help surgeons perform analyses necessary for the procedure. These photos will also be useful for comparison when it comes time for the beautiful “after” pictures.
- For six hours before the start of the surgery, you must avoid consuming food or drink. If the operation happens in the morning, this is far easier.
- For the surgery itself, patients typically do not need to stay overnight. You should arrange transportation in order to ensure your own safety and the safety of others on the drive home.
- On the day of the procedure, you should avoid wearing makeup, jewelry, or tight-fitting clothes that cannot easily fit over the head.
- Though operation lengths may vary based on differences from person to person, it usually takes between one and several hours.
What Should I Expect After My Nose Correction Surgery?
- Throughout the first day of recovery, you should be fine with the help of a caretaker. After that, supervision is usually not necessary.
- Post-operation, you will need to keep your head elevated. Bruising or swelling is a normal experience, and elevation of your head, along with the application of ice, can help mitigate the severity of these effects.
- Doctors will recommend the right painkillers and care instructions. By the end of the week, patients should feel relatively normal again.
- Within several months, the swelling from your nose job will likely be gone completely. You’ll be able to enjoy results from the other side of a full recovery!
How Long Is a Nose Job Recovery?
During your first week after the nose correction surgery, you’ll need to stay home from work or school, and you may need assistance with childcare if you have children. During this first week, you will most likely see consistent improvement.
Swelling will likely continue for months after the surgery, but this does not impede normal productivity and eventually stops being noticeable.
All in all, a nose job does have a recovery period, as would any major surgery. However, it does not severely limit the ability of patients to continue their normal lives. And with an end result of a new look or medical benefits, millions of patients have decided that the reward of a nose job outweighs the risk.
Learn More About Whether Rhinoplasty Is Right for You
Nose correction surgery at our Coral Gables clinic is undertaken only after our team considers your individual needs and helps you decide whether this procedure is right for you.
Though many people have decided in favor of this procedure, many have also decided against it. Always seek the opinion of a medical professional.
If you are looking for rhinoplasty in Coral Gables, contact us, and we will be glad to help you on your journey.
Leave A Comment